Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Santa Maria Community Services! Santa Maria’s 400+ volunteers give 15,000+ hours of service each year. We would not be able to provide services to over 4,000 individuals annually without your help and support. Santa Maria services including our health sites, health fairs, tutoring and more would cease to exist without the enormous community support currently sustaining these programs. Our volunteer partnerships are evidence of the strong community support Santa Maria is fortunate to enjoy. Join us in the mission to help families help themselves!
Interested in volunteering? Please take a look at the volunteer opportunities below. We have a variety of ways for you to get involved including tutoring, assisting with special events, providing on-site child care, or hosting a food drive.
Episodic Volunteer Roles
Sign up now for any shifts listed below! No long term commitment or background check required.
- Client Interpreters: Interpret for Spanish-speaking clients during on-site provider visits
- YEP and ESL Class Assistants: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-8pm
Long-term Volunteer Roles
These roles are for those interested in committing to 6+ months volunteering with Santa Maria. May require additional screening & background checks. If interested, please complete the volunteer application below.
- Tax-assistance Provider: Help clients file their taxes (additional training required)
- Youth Center Tutors: Work with students during our after school program on Mondays & Wednesdays
- Childcare Provider: Provide childcare during our women’s support group on Monday mornings (bilingual preferred)
- Maintenance Assistant: Help with maintenance jobs at various locations