Santa Maria Community Services is proud of its staff of vibrant, passionate, committed professionals who work each day to help families help themselves and make the Price Hill community a better place to live. If you share that energy and are driven by a desire to serve your neighbors, Santa Maria would love to get to know you! Send general inquiries and résumé to Gladys Bell, Human Resource Associate, at 617 Steiner Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45204, Fax #513-557-2726, or email HR@santamaria-cincy.org.
Current Open Positions
Child Care Advocate (part time and full time positions)
- Accountable to: Early Childhood Supervisory Staff
- Objective: To improve the quality of child care programs through the provision of coaching, observing, assessing and training.
- BA in Early childhood or related area
- Experience working with children and parents and knowledge of early childhood development
- Must be able to operate in a self-directed and organized manner
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, verbally and in writing
- Experience working collaboratively in a diverse neighborhood setting while maintaining professional boundaries
- Must have evening and weekend availability
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a clear background check
- Provide a minimum of 20/hours week of direct coaching and outreach services to assigned providers and programs
- Complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner
- Serve as a liaison and resource between child care programs, the agency and the community
- Develop relationships with customers as partners based on a strength based approach
- Become familiar with contracts, grants and perform duties as outlined
- Participate in regular agency/site planning and staff meetings
- Participate in projects, activities, or community events as assigned
- Participate in trainings, supervision, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
AmeriCorps Service Opportunities
Santa Maria is proud affiliate of AmeriCorps Project Advance. Make a difference in your community and help others by serving in a year-long, full-time position at a local nonprofit while earning a living stipend and a college tuition award. Positions include: Health Educators, GED Tutors, Employment Coaches, ESL Class Coordinators, and Housing Support Specialists. Click here to find out more about Santa Maria’s AmeriCorps Program.
Santa Maria Community Services, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or service delivery based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the job, in accordance with applicable laws.