Santa Maria Community Services is proud of its staff of vibrant, passionate, committed professionals who work each day to help families help themselves and make the Price Hill community a better place to live. If you share that energy and are driven by a desire to serve your neighbors, Santa Maria would love to get to know you! Santa Maria offers medical, dental, vision and life insurance, in addition to nine paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. Santa Maria provides a friendly and supportive work environment which includes flexible scheduling. Interested applicants should submit both a cover letter and résumé to Ageenah Herrick, Human Resources Manager, at 617 Steiner Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45204, Fax #513-557-2726, or email Ageenah.Herrick@santamaria-cincy.org.
Current Open Positions
Customer Service Representative Office Coordinator (part time)
Position Description: We are currently seeking a part time (20 hours) Customer Service Representative/Office Coordinator to join our mission in serving as a catalyst and advocate for Greater Price Hill families to attain their educational, financial, and health goals. The role of the Customer Service Representative/Office Coordinator is to serve as a customer friendly, first point of contact that participants and volunteers experience when they engage with the program (via phone and in person). The Customer Service Representative/Office Coordinator specializes in initial client navigation of services and maintains day to day functions within the site while ensuring that data entry needs are satisfactorily met.
Position Requirements: Applicants must have an Associates Degree and three years of relevant experience required; or preferably a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year related experience. Qualified candidates will have Strong people skills and ability to work with variety of individuals from ethnic and economic backgrounds with great written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail. Previous customer service experience is required. The applicant must also be Proficient in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet. Knowledge of, and have the ability to operate, standard office equipment.
Position Description: We are currently seeking a Workforce Coach to join our mission in serving as a catalyst and advocate for Greater Price Hill families to attain their educational, financial, and health goals. The role of the Workforce Coach is to coach clients (ages 16-24) to achieve their educational, employment and career goals, while helping to eliminate barriers to goals.
Position Requirements: Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field with a minimum of one year related experience, and a valid driver’s license. The qualified candidate will have evidence of high level of motivation, initiative, perseverance, and independent judgement, and the ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities. The Workforce Coach has a proven ability to establish and maintain positive, ongoing professional relationships with program participants, co-workers, and partner agency staff and is comfortable with home visiting, transporting participants, and working in the community.
Accountable to: Comptroller
Objective: To provide basic general maintenance and repairs to Santa Maria & Santa Maria Properties facilities as requested.
- High school diploma or GED minimum and at least two years’ experience in general building maintenance/trades.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, and transportation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Must be able to work well both around others and independently.
- Ability to relate to and communicate well with diverse people, including staff, volunteers, customers, vendors and the public.
- Experience with and sensitivity to people with a variety of cultural backgrounds, including Appalachian, African-American and Hispanic.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Complete maintenance duties as assigned at Santa Maria’s & Santa Maria Properties’ various facilities.
- Coordination of outside contractors.
- Purchase of materials and keep careful records of purchases.
- Provide own tools for the work unless there is prior approval to purchase or rent specific tools needed for specific jobs.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Provide regular updates to Supervisor and/or key staff on progress of all jobs/projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
AmeriCorps Service Opportunities
Santa Maria is proud affiliate of AmeriCorps Project Advance. Make a difference in your community and help others by serving in a year-long, full-time position at a local nonprofit while earning a living stipend and a college tuition award. Positions include: Health Educators, Education Instructors, Employment Coaches, ESL Class Coordinators, and Housing Support Specialists. Click here to find out more about Santa Maria’s AmeriCorps Program.
Santa Maria Community Services, Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or service delivery based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the essential job functions, in accordance with applicable laws.