Santa Maria Community Services is an independent, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization originally founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1897 and place-based in Cincinnati Ohio’s Price Hill community. Santa Maria provides more than 2,500 individuals with educational tools and resources to build strong families, promote healthy residents, and foster neighborhood revitalization. Our Price Hill Family Centers provide a welcoming environment and the coaching, support, and flexibility to assist families to achieve their identified goals toward stabilization and self-sufficiency.
Mission: Santa Maria is a catalyst and advocate for Greater Price Hill families to attain their educational, financial, and health goals.
Vision: Our vision is for Greater Price Hill to be a vibrant, thriving, and self-sustaining community.
- Children are kindergarten-ready, and youth have supports to continue their education;
- Families attain economic health through job and housing stability and successfully integrate into the community;
- Family members achieve health and wellness through access to health services and support programs;
- Santa Maria Community Services leads the collaborative community efforts to strengthen Price Hill.
- We keep physical safety, emotional well-being, and any other relevant factors of our program participants, staff, volunteers, and partners in the forefront and report any concerns or incidents related to their safety.
- We guard a high level of confidentiality for our program participants.
- We have zero tolerance for violence, harassment, bullying, or any form of abusive behavior toward our colleagues or others.
- We maintain open channels of communication for program participants, staff, volunteers, and partners to express concerns, provide feedback, and report safety issues.
- We create a trauma-informed, safe, and non-judgmental environment where staff and program participants feel comfortable discussing their experiences and seeking assistance, sharing ideas, and taking risks.
- We value all people and encourage participation and contributions from all individuals.
- We seek out diverse perspectives, listen attentively, and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard and respected.
- We work with individuals and families to help remove barriers that keep them from reaching their full potential.
- We examine our own biases and assumptions and reflect on how these may influence our interactions and decision-making.
- We challenge and speak out against inequities and unfair practices.
- We build trust.
- We are open and approachable, and we actively listen to one another.
- We treat our program participants, colleagues, and partners with respect.
- We go beyond transactional relationships aiming to understand program participants’ lived experiences, individual circumstances, emotions, and perspectives.
- We co-create with program participants solutions to help them and their families thrive.
- We choose to focus on the bright side, find joy in everyday moments, and approach challenges as opportunities.
- We practice gratitude by acknowledging and appreciating the good things in our lives.
- We take care of our physical and emotional well-being to the best of our abilities.
- We value a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge.
- We engage in continuous learning through reading, attending lectures or webinars, and participating in educational activities.
- We help individuals recognize their strengths and provide opportunities for skill-building, learning, and personal growth.
- We encourage individuals to take initiative, think independently, and take actions that align with their goals and values.
- We celebrate the achievements and successes of individuals, recognizing their contributions and efforts and acknowledging both large and small accomplishments.
- We provide colleagues with the necessary resources, training, and guidance to support them in their roles.
- We delegate authority and assign responsibilities to our colleagues, allowing them to take ownership of their work, make decisions, and learn from their experiences.
Santa Maria – About Us Video